The Mayor’s Office on Asian and Pacific Islander Affairs (MOAPIA) is soliciting grant applications from qualified Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) serving the District of Columbia’s Asian and Pacific Islander constituents [residents and/or business owners] - for its FY 2018 Asian and Pacific Islander Community Grant. The grant is intended to fund programs that provide targeted services and resources to the District’s Asian and Pacific Islander residents in areas of need in the community.
Funding priority areas identified for FY 2018 are aligned with Mayor Muriel Bowser’s administration budget priorities:
- Jobs & Economic Development
- Public Safety
- Civic Engagement
- Health & Wellness
- Youth Engagement
- Arts & Creative Economy
Organizations who meet the following eligibility requirements at the time of application may apply:
- be a Community-Based Organization with a Federal 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or evidence of fiscal agent relationship with a 501 (c)(3) organization;
- the organization or program serves the District’s Asian and Pacific Islander residents or business owners;
- the organization’s principal place of business is located in the District of Columbia;
- the organization is currently registered in good standing with the DC Department of Consumer & Regulatory Affairs, Corporation Division, and the Office of Tax and Revenue;
- Current grantees must be current on any reporting obligations for the FY17 grant cycle.
In FY 2018, MOAPIA’s Asian and Pacific Islander Community Grant will fund culturally and linguistically appropriate programs with demonstrated ties to Mayor Bowser’s priority areas and community needs in the following program areas: economic and workforce development, youth engagement and education, health education and linkage to human services, and promotion of the arts and humanities [see RFA for details].
Release Date of RFA: Monday, July 31, 2017
Availability of RFA: The RFA will be posted on
MOAPIA’s Page: www.apia.dc.gov
District's Page: OPGS Grants Clearinghouse
Amount of Awards: Eligible orgs. can be awarded up to $75,000.
Length of Awards: Grant awards are for FY 2018
October 1, 2017 - September 30, 2018
Pre-Application Conference: Thursday, August 17, 2017
11:00AM - 12:00PM and 6:00PM - 7:00PM
MOAPIA Conference Room
441 4th Street NW Room 721 North
Washington, DC 20001
A pre-application orientation will be held on Thursday, August 17, 2017 from 11:00AM-12:00PM and 6:00PM-7:00PM at 441 4th Street, N.W. Room 721 North, Washington, DC 20001. Applicants who have questions regarding the RFA are encouraged to attend the meeting. For language access needs such as translation or sign language, please contact Dory Peters 3 to 5 days before the pre-application conference.
MOAPIA Contact: Dory Peters, Deputy Director
Deadline for Electronic Submission: 5:00 PM on Friday, September 1, 2017